(this is a work of fiction. Characters, incidents are either the product of author's imagination or are used fictitiously and any resemblance to any actual person, living or dead, events or locale are entirely coincidental) I was participating for the poem writing competition in our university arts fest two months ago. An air conditioned room was arranged for the writing competitions and I got inside. There was none there, so I was a little bit worried about whether I had been wrong about the stage number. But after a few seconds a girl came inside. She had worn a blue jeans and a white T-shirt, she looked like western born. And she looked almost of age nineteen or twenty. It was my first time I was participating a university level poem writing. I was supposed to compete with almost forty colleges under the university. So there was no meaning to assess, whether the counterparts were western born or not. She took a seat very distant from me in that big hall. But I could noti...
In the world of business, strategy is key to achieving long-term success. One of the most well-known frameworks for understanding business strategy comes from Michael Porter, a renowned economist and professor at Harvard Business School. His “Generic Strategies” offer businesses a clear path to gaining a competitive advantage in their industry. Whether you’re running a startup or managing a multinational corporation, Porter’s strategies can help you identify how to differentiate your business in a crowded market. The Three Generic Strategies Porter identified three basic strategies that companies can use to gain a competitive edge: 1. Cost Leadership Strategy Objective: Become the lowest-cost producer in the industry. How it Works: A company pursues cost leadership by producing goods or services at a lower cost than competitors while maintaining acceptable quality. This often involves achieving economies of scale, streamlining operations, or negotiating lower input costs. Benefits: Com...
Stephen Hawking ( 1942–2018) was an extraordinary British theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and best-selling author whose pioneering work reshaped our understanding of the universe. Born on January 8, 1942, in Oxford, England, he became one of the most influential scientists of the 20th and 21st centuries, despite facing significant personal challenges. Hawking is widely known for his groundbreaking research on black holes and cosmology. His revolutionary theory of Hawking radiation—which proposed that black holes emit radiation and eventually evaporate—was a monumental breakthrough in linking quantum mechanics with general relativity. his discovery continues to shape scientific research on the origins and evolution of the universe. At just 21 years old, Hawking was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. Despite being given a short life expectancy, he lived for more than five decades, making extraordinary contributions to science while...
Comments
Post a Comment